18 November 2009

Thanksgiving!


The world seems to be in Christmas mode already.  Everyone sort of bypasses Thanksgiving.  No one ever decorates for Thanksgiving (except my mom), we don't have cool Thanksgiving songs on the radio, people don't go around saying happy thanksgiving for weeks before the holiday actually occurs.  And working in retail, it's even worse.  So I thought I'd take a moment to do a Thanksgiving post.

Here are some things I'm thankful for:
  • My husband, who is supportive of me in all my quirky writing habits, even if he doesn't understand them.
  • All the rest of my family, especially my little brother who's a freshman in high school and just underwent his second spinal fusion surgery.  He's braver than me, I think.
  • Having a job that pays my bills, no matter how stressed it makes me sometimes.
  • My adorable dachshund Button who makes me smile every day.  Even when she uses the floor as a toilet.  And chews my clothes.  And wakes me up at 3am to go potty.  She makes me happy.
  • All of my old friends, people I went to high school and college with, who keep those lines of communication open with this slacker who never emails or calls.
  • All of the great writers I've met through Authonomy and AQC, who will encourage me when I need it and give critical feedback when I need it, and who inspire me to be a better writer.  I'd name names, but there are too many and I'd forget someone and feel bad.
So those are some of the things I'm thankful for.  What about you?

1 comment:

  1. Thanksgiving songs! Let's write some.

    On the first day of Thanksgiving, I am thankful for, one laptop...

    Happy Turkey week!

    ReplyDelete

Got something to say?