Here are some things I'm thankful for:
- My husband, who is supportive of me in all my quirky writing habits, even if he doesn't understand them.
- All the rest of my family, especially my little brother who's a freshman in high school and just underwent his second spinal fusion surgery. He's braver than me, I think.
- Having a job that pays my bills, no matter how stressed it makes me sometimes.
- My adorable dachshund Button who makes me smile every day. Even when she uses the floor as a toilet. And chews my clothes. And wakes me up at 3am to go potty. She makes me happy.
- All of my old friends, people I went to high school and college with, who keep those lines of communication open with this slacker who never emails or calls.
- All of the great writers I've met through Authonomy and AQC, who will encourage me when I need it and give critical feedback when I need it, and who inspire me to be a better writer. I'd name names, but there are too many and I'd forget someone and feel bad.